Saturday 9 February 2013

Modelling Character so far...

Model Character


So far this is how modelling my character is going. After building the main body which wasn't hard, when it came to placing where each of the springy legs would go, I wanted to get it aligned right so I used a triangle as seen in the image above and below and placed the connecting cylinders at each angle point.
I have been using tutorials and what we've learnt in our lessons to make the model character. I have used the Parent/Child function to connect the various parts of the model together so I can dis-assemble the parts if I need to go back and correct anything.
I have not yet considered anything like colour and shading because we have not yet covered that and I would like to have the shape done before I start correcting the appearance.
The image above shows the current modelling progress in the quad view.



Here, I am stuck as to how to connect these helixes which are the legs of my character to the main body.


To know where to position the legs of my character, I used a triangle that was placed in the center of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment