Tuesday 5 May 2015

Post Production: Colour Grading and Adding Lights in Premiere




I watched the tutorial above to understand the basics of using Light effects in Premiere, because though I have been using the three way colour corrector, however I feel that I did not get the right effect for the overall look.

Using the lighting effects has helped to emphasize where I would want the audience to focus on, but its mainly helped with the harsh shadows in certain scenes. I have pasted some images below as examples. 

The tutorial explained how to use the main three lights provided: Directional, Spotlight & Omni.
Each serving a different purpose for different needs, I was able to watch the tutorial and after, all you can do is continue to experiment to understand the tool more.
Using this light effect has made it easier to enhance the colour from the colour gels I used on set, because the three way colour corrector and RGB curves did not give the desired effect, and masking off each area for each scene would have been too time consuming for the time I had.


Combining the three way colour corrector and light effects has a better result in my opinion.
I've mainly edited the Input, Output colours and saturation as I did not need to add colours because I used colour gels. My aim was to make sure I had the lighting colours already present so it would be more effective when I reached post production. 




No comments:

Post a Comment