Friday 1 March 2013

Choosing audio for my animation


When it came to finding audio tracks that suited my animation this was a very tedious task as I had a faint idea of what type of sound I wanted it to be like. I wanted something along the lines of upbeat but soft. I looked through this website mainly: http://freeplaymusic.com/ , which had so many options to choose from and I did look through many audio files. Luckily the sites groups the different audio files in categories to help narrow your search. This did help in the end when I knew what type of sound I wanted which was along the lines of childlike and playful.
I used the software 'Soundtrack Pro'  to edit the sound as this software can also allow you to mix tracks with a simple user interface format. Then I exported the track back into 'Final Cut Pro' and exported the audio with the video file in one.

Overall I'm happy with the sound.




Tracks I used:


 No. 9 from the 'Orchestral Vol 3'


No. 1 from 'Fairytales Vol 1'

No. 1 from 'Circus Fun Vol 2'

And from the software library of 'Soundtrack Pro' I used the sound file 'Crash Wood 03'

No comments:

Post a Comment