Thursday 28 February 2013

Credits Font

This is not a huge decision to consider but I just wanted to show how I chose my font and I think it just helps bring my animation to a complete finish.
So below is the different layouts, fonts and colours I experimented with. I did not experiment a lot but having these different options helped me to make the opening and closing credits more attractive.



http://www.dafont.com/jesus-garrido.d4577



I did like where I placed the font above the objects but I felt the whole composition of the scene had too much going on in the middle of it and having the font at the side helped spread it around so its not so compact.



Above is the font and layout I chose as the opening credits of my animation. I used the same font as my end credits. I think it looks the best and generally more eye appealing. I also chose to stick with the black colour font because adding extra colours was too much on the eye.

http://www.dafont.com/font-comment.php?file=pokemon

Above are two screenshots of the ''pokemon'' type font which I downloaded from the link pasted above. I have shown it in 3 different colours: black, blue & red. I have also placed the text in different positions on the screen to just see how where it would look best. I definitely prefer it placed to the left of the screen because I think as a whole the composition looks much better than the text being placed above the blocks in the scene.


The handwritten font which I did in Photoshop using the paintbrush tool, does fit with the concept of the animation as it is cartoon like, however I prefer the ''pokemon'' font that I downloaded.
This is because I think the thickness of the type helps give my animation a bold opening scene and grabs the attention of the audience in the first few seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment